What Exactly Is Workers Compensation Law In Louisiana? What Are The Employee’s Rights?
In Louisiana, an employer is required to have workers’ comp insurance. If they do not, they can be fined. So, if a person is working as an employee or independent contractor, they should be covered for workers’ comp benefits. If they are injured on the job, they have a right to receive what we call indemnity benefits, which is 66 and 2/3rd percent of the average weekly wage of that employee or independent contractor. They’re also entitled to receive all medical expenses needed to address the injuries sustained. They are also entitled to vocational training and vocational assistance in their ability to provide future work. If they cannot, then the obligation to pay the indemnity, which is the 66 and 2/3rd percent of the gross average weekly wage, would continue through that period of disability…Read More
Don’t Miss a Chance for Benefits
If you have suffered any type of injury at work or on the job, you may be entitled to compensation. Without knowing exactly how to go through the workers’ compensation claims process, you may accidentally lose out on benefits that you need. Give our office a call today and let us review your case. We will guide you throughout the entire process and let you know how we will proceed with your case.
- What Is A Third Party Claim In Workers’ Compensation Law?
- When Does An Injury Arise Out Of Employment As It Relates To A Workers’ Compensation Injury Case?
- Does An Injured Worker Have To Be At The Physical Place Of Employment To Qualify For Workers’ Compensation?
- Why And How Will Insurance Companies Attempt To Use Delay Tactics To Draw Out The Workers’ Comp Claim Process?
- Should I Hire An Attorney Right After A Work Related Injury Or Should I Wait For A Denial Or Trouble From The Insurance Company?
Get the Compensation You Deserve
- Heart attack related to exertion
- Neck and back injuries
- Eye injury and blindness
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Crush or impact injury
- Joint injury
- Paralysis and amputation
- Scars and disfigurement
- Burns and lacerations
Give us a call today for a FREE personal injury consultation. We believe that you should never have to fight to pay your medical bills.
Call For A Free Consultation