When Filing A Personal Injury Claim For An Offshore Injury That Occurred On The Job, What Steps Do I Need To Take?
If you have been injured offshore as a result of your work, you can trust the employer to do the right thing or, more likely, the insurance company, but most of the time, that’s not wise. There are significant pitfalls in the process of deciding what your benefits are, depending on where you are on the water or even off the water in terms of your employment status. For instance, if a person is working on a particular vessel as a crew member, then that individual would be declared to be a Jones Act seaman. The maritime law is applied in the United States and other jurisdictions, but here, it provides protections to a seaman. However, just because you’re on a boat doesn’t necessarily make you a seaman, so the question is, were you a member of the crew of that vessel? Suppose you were, for instance, being transported on a vessel to go on a platform for your employer because your employer has a contract to service the platform, and you’re being transported on the vessel. In that case, you’re not necessarily a Jones Act Seaman…Read More
Are You the Victim of an Accident?
If you have been injured in an accident, give our law firm a call today. We will fight for you and seek the compensation you deserve. We want you to be able to focus on rebuilding your life and get past the accident and injury. We are skilled in all forms of personal injury law and can represent you effectively.
- What Background And Experience Do You Have In Guiding Clients Through The Personal Injury Recovery Process After They’ve Suffered Severe Injuries As A Result Of An Auto Wreck?
- When Someone’s Been Injured In A Car Wreck And Believes That They Have A Personal Injury Claim, What Are Some Of The Most Common Questions And Misconceptions That They Have?
- What Are The Different Types Of Claims That Could Come Out Of A Car Accident Involving Injury?
- Do I Need To Call My Own Insurance Company After An Auto Accident Even If It Wasn’t My Fault?
- Can My Own Insurance Company Potentially Help Cover Costs For My Injuries Upfront?
- Do You Have Your Clients Keep Any Sort Of Log Or Pain Or Healing Diary? And What Information Is Important To Keep?
- How Are Personal Injury Damages Calculated And How Do They Come Up With That Figure Especially When Considering The Future?
- What Questions Should I Be Asking Prospective Personal Injury Attorneys?
Let Us Help You Today
When you have been injured due to the negligence of another, we can help. We represent a wide range of clients from those suffering from an automobile accident to families who have lost someone due to medical malpractice.
No matter the injury you have sustained, we will represent you and get you the compensation you deserve.
Personal injury claims also pertain to emotional distress and suffering. If you have suffered emotionally from an accident or injury, we can file a claim for you. Call our office now for a FREE consultation.
FEES IF WE DON’T WIN
When you come into our office, you will never be charged fees unless we win your case for you. We have a strict policy of NO fees unless funds are recovered.
Call For A Free Consultation